Inspectel’s Code of Conduct is a clear set of standards for our business conduct. It provides the ethical and behavioral framework on which we base our decisions every day. The Code is anchored in our values and beliefs and underpins all that we do.
Working with one another
- We build relationships with each other based on a shared trust and confidence that each of us has a personal and professional commitment to do the right thing.
- We are committed to communicating openly and honestly.
- We nurture integrity, respect and teaming.
- We consult with each other and value the perspectives of those who are different from us, as well as those who challenge our own point of view.
- We respect one another and strive for an inclusive environment free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment.
- We expect and deliver feedback regularly, candidly and constructively, and positively recognize success.
Working with clients and others
- We commit ourselves, as professionals, to uphold the trust placed in us by others.
- We are committed to delivering quality services that reflect our professional capabilities and are appropriate to the specific issues and needs of our clients.
- We are robust in our challenge to clients and are not afraid to deliver unwelcome information to them.
- We support our people and will withdraw from working for any clients that put our people under undue pressure or threaten them in exercising their professional duties.
Working with regulators …
- We uphold the professional standards and rules applicable to us, and actively work with the regulators who oversee our professional conduct to ensure that these rules and standards meet the continuously changing needs of the market.
Working with others …
- We reject unethical or illegal business practices in all circumstances.
- We avoid working with clients and others whose standards are incompatible with our Code of Conduct.
- We coordinate, as appropriate, with other members of our profession in matters of public interest.
- We recognize our responsibility as an organization in playing an active and positive role in supporting a successful and sustainable society
Acting with professional integrity
- We comply with laws, regulations and standards that apply to us in our professional conduct.
- We do not misrepresent the position that Inspectel takes in professional and other matters.
- We address questions of ethics and consult appropriately to help resolve them. We do not hide from or ignore issues.
- We recognize that our competitive advantage is achieved through the excellence of our professional advice and the quality of our service delivery.
- We compete energetically and vigorously, and recognize the need to be honest in our competitive behavior.
- We do not offer personal inducement to secure work.
- We properly document our client engagements and business operations in accordance with relevant legal and professional requirements.
Maintaining our objectivity and independence
- We maintain and affirm our objectivity and independence, recognizing that these are critical to our professional responsibilities.
- We employ professional skepticism and reject inappropriate pressure from clients or others.
- We are alert for personal and professional conflicts of interest and take immediate and appropriate steps to resolve or manage any that may arise.
- We avoid relationships that impair — or may appear to impair — our objectivity and independence.
Respecting intellectual capital
We respect and protect confidential information obtained from, or relating to, our clients or third parties, as well as personal information about our people, in accordance with local law and professional standards.
- We take proactive measures to safeguard our documents, computers and other data devices that contain personal or confidential information.
- We do not use confidential information for personal gain.
- We obtain, develop and protect intellectual property in an appropriate manner. We respect the restrictions on its use and reproduction.
- We use and share internal and external knowledge in accordance with our legal and professional obligations.
- We acknowledge that each of us is responsible for keeping our professional knowledge up to date and for sharing leading practices.
By delivering on the promise of our Code, we protect and enhance the reputation of Inspectel, and play a key role in making this world a better place to live and work in for our people, for our clients, and for our communities.